Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Intimidating 3rd Semester, EEE, VTU

Hi folks, here I have given my honest opinion about things that bother a 3rd semester EEE student (VTU)....

> Engineering Mathematics-3 (M3) is the easiest of all the four we study in engineering.
Honestly I referred Dr. K S C's Engg Math-3 Book. It is very Good and is beautifully written and structured for the subject conforming to syllabus.

> Analog Electronics Circuits (AEC) was my fav subject in 3rd sem. I referred the book
"Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory", 9th Edn, Boylestad and Nashelsky, Pearson Publication
It is a well written book which ofcourse i had supplemented by taking tuitions under YJ @ SSM.
Try to enjoy studying AEC by going to his tuitions.

> Logic Design (LD) is an easy subject but tricky remember. Study it well. I referred two books, one by Yarbrough and another by Donald D Givone. Both are excellently written no doubt, but Givone is a better one.

> Network Analysis (NA) is another subject which brought me joy. I referred to a book by Dr Ganesh Rao which is a good option. But, honestly this is subject which requires not only a well written book but one with lots and lots of problems (solved and unsolved). Practice is the key for success in this subject. I also took tuitions by RCS @ SSM. He is the only engg teacher I revere, no doubts about that. I have no words to describe his teaching :)

> Electrical Measurements (EM) is a good subject often neglected by most students since they consider it to be boring theory and non-mathematic. It actually is the subject which lays strong foundations for sound knowledge in our field. I studied a book by Bakshi. But i will ask you to read a better book like A K Sawhney.

> Electrical Power Generation (EPG) was the easiest subject of the semester. I studied the book by Chakraborti, Soni, Gupta and Bhatnagar. Most important thing you should remember is to learn to draw good diagrams...I loved drawing and I still do...:)

> Analog Electronics Lab and Logic Design Lab (AECL and LDL) are probably the best labs in engineering. I enjoyed them the most. I liked working with tiny components and ICs (minus my sluggish team).
Refer a good manual given by your college or here I will post one shortly...

ALL THE BEST

9 comments:

dark said...

plz any 1 mail me Analog Electronics papper plz to my id keerthipal55@gmail.com

Shashank B L said...

find many question papers @ www.icris.net. Just signup free and download...

Sanjog said...

PLZZ send me the details about d tution u took for AEC...Its urgent...

Shashank B L said...

@sanjog: AEC: YJ Sir Tuitions, SSM School, Chennamanakere, Near Banashankari BDA Complex, Bangalore

Anonymous said...

im worried about network analysis and aec sub...pls suggest me about the units to do in them

Shashank B L said...

@Anon: Do not choose between units. In AEC as well as NA, you should be comfortable doing atleast 1st three units in each part of the syllabus. Read units with continuity of subject matter for better experience and expertise. Avoid limiting units you study...

Abhisek Das said...

thanx 4 d post.... was very helpfull :)

Anonymous said...

yeah shashank

nw gng to 3rd sem enquired abt ssm tuts..... can u plz suggest me... to be on a safer side...fr wch all sub can i join .. i mnt fr difficlt sub

poojitha said...

yeah shashank ... nw gng to 3rd sem... enquired abt ssm tuts.. bt can u plz suggest me wch r the difficlt sub in ths year.. so tht i can take up tuts there..ow abt ld sub nd aec subject????